👋 Hi, I’m Joe.
I’m a structural biologist (I study the shape of protein molecules to understand how they work).
I’m a protein engineer (I think about ways we can re-design protein molecules so that we can use them to do useful stuff).
I’m an evolutionary biochemist (I study the evolutionary processes and physical mechanisms that facilitate and constrain the diversification of biological molecules).
I’m a life-long student and teacher.
I’m a traveller and lover of the outdoors (see my other blog, Tasmanian Traveller).
And I’m really glad you’re here.
I’d love to hear from you - contact me.
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Australian National University, 2020 -
- Ph.D., Australian National University, 2020
- Ph.B., Australian National University, 2014 (A research-focused science degree, including First Class Honours)
Honors and Awards
- Australian Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Fellowship, 2019
- ANU Research School of Chemistry Postgraduate Teaching Fellowship, 2016
- Research School of Chemistry PhD Scholarship, 2016
- Australian Government Research Training Program Stipend Scholarship, 2016
- ANU University Medal in Chemistry, 2014
- National Undergraduate Scholarship, 2011